Great hair days
Wouldn’t you love to have healthy, shiny and stylish-looking hair every day, without having to rely on a personal stylist? Well, believe it or not, you can because it’s easier than you think! Put that ‘spring’ in your hair this summer by following these easy yet essential tips:
1. Summer style: The high ponytail. Always a good choice, but how do you get it looking really great? Simple. Just tip your head forward so your hair hangs down in front of you. Spritz it all over with a surf spray (such as Ocean Mist by SachaJuan), scrunching as you go. Gather your hair high (near the back of your crown), and secure with a hair band. Next, rake your fingers over the crown to loosen the strands – the ‘messier’ it looks, the better!
2. Make the most of the sun this season, but don’t forget to protect your hair while you do so! Just like your skin, your hair needs protection from those harmful UV rays, so get your hands on the SPF range from SachaJuan. Combining Ocean Silk Technology with a protective UV filter, the range includes a SPF mousse as well as a caring, restorative shampoo and conditioner.
3. Tip of the Week for faking that ‘freshly blow-dried’ look: finely milled, super absorbent, and readily available in most kitchens, plain flour makes for an effective dry shampoo. Simply sprinkle some on to your roots, leave in for about ten seconds to absorb excess oil, and remove any residue with a make-up brush to leave your tresses looking fresh and fabulous. If this doesn’t sound so appealing, then opt for SachaJuan’s Volume Powder, or a touch of Satin Sugar Hair & Body Refreshing Powder from Cake Beauty. Perfect for use between washes, these dry powders create volume, and give a matt finish and a fresh feel to all types of hair. Perfect for girls-on-the-go, the latter can also be used on your body to leave you smelling fresh, feeling clean and looking perfectly polished!
4. Say hi to a little light! Yes, we’ve all heard that old adage: lemon juice lightens up your highlights. But did you know that a cocktail of orange and lemon juice delivers a more natural-looking effect? Simply spritz the blend on to your hair before going out in the sun, and you’ll end up with highlights that are warmer, and more golden blonde in colour.
5. Shiny & sweet. No hairspray to hand? Don’t panic! Your kitchen cupboard can save the day, yet again. Just dissolve one teaspoon of honey in half a cup of warm water, pour the mixture into an atomiser, and spray it over your hair. The liquid sugars will hold your style in a light (and sweet smelling!) way. Alternatively, stock up your bathroom cabinet with SachaJuan’s Shine Spray or (Malin+Goetz)’s Sage Styling Cream.
6. The beauty of red locks! Red hair is ‘hot’ this spring, so get colouring. The thing is, most red hair dyes contain large red molecules that wash out easily, which means the colour intensity rapidly decreases. So give your hair a vibrant boost with a little help from Mother Nature. Pour some cranberry juice on to your locks, and leave for five minutes. Rinse with water, and repeat (for a more intense result). Always be sure to use a shampoo designed specifically for coloured hair, such as Color Save Shampoo from SachaJuan.
7. Kissable hair. Lip balm is a real lifesaver when your hair needs a quick touch-up. Be it de-frizzing your hairline or redefining your locks - just apply a bit of balm (such as Karen Murrell’s hydrating Moisture Lip Balm Stick), and show your hair who’s boss.
8. Don’t go green! If you swim regularly in a chlorinated pool, make sure your (coloured) hair doesn’t go green. How? Rinse your hair immediately after finishing your laps…
9. Get it on! Create the perfect off-the-face hairstyle by combining a pair of sunglasses, which make for an easy and chic headband, with a surf spray (like Ocean Mist from SachaJuan) that adds volume and provides extra grip.
10. Schedule your hair! Don’t be left with mega out-grown roots or endless split ends. Plan your visit to the hairdresser in time because even they go on holidays!