New at COSMANIA from Paula's Choice: Skin Perfecting 1% BHA Lotion. Exfoliate both the surface of the skin and inside the pore with this lightweight lotion that eliminates clogged pores without excessive irritation. Appropriate for all skin types, but best for skin prone to blemishes and blackheads.
- Lightly moisturizing lotion base
- 1% salicylic acid removes dull, built-up layers of damaged skin cells to reveal healthy, smooth skin
- 100% fragrance and colorant-free
Please note: When using a BHA product make sure you use a sunscreen during the day
Please note: Those allergic to aspirin (acetylsalicylate) should not use products containing salicylic acid (BHA).
Dispense about a dime-sized amount onto your fingertips and smooth sparingly onto clean skin, avoiding direct contact with eyes. Depending on your skin type and if needed, follow with a product which contains benzoyl peroxide (available at the pharmacy or the chemist without a doctor's prescription - start with the lowest concentration). During the day, follow with the appropriate Paula's Choice sunscreen or your foundation with sunscreen. At night, apply the appropriate Paula's Choice moisturizer or specialty product after this product or you can use the BHA product alone.
To reduce skin flaking or possible irritation, some first-time users should use the BHA once a day or once every other day (preferably at night) for the first few weeks. After prolonged use (4-6 weeks), you can apply the BHA more frequently, and eventually it can be used twice a day. For some people it may only be necessary to use the BHA once a day or once every other day. The frequency of use for this BHA product completely depends on how your skin reacts so you may have to experiment until you find what works best for you. If redness, dryness, or irritation occurs, adjust frequency of application.
There are many options for how to use this type of product. You may have to experiment to figure out your best routine. The one you should use depends on what you are trying to achieve and what works best for your skin.
BHA is an essential step for battling blemishes or clogged pores. See the Skin Care Routines section for a recommended selection of products for your skin type. If your skin gets worse or rashes appear, discontinue use and refer to my Battle Plan for Blemishes page for other product options.
If dryness or slight irritation appears, do not give up, first decrease use to every other day or just once a day and you can still experience beautiful results.
Some people want to know if they can use a scrub while using BHA. Occasional use of a gentle scrub or a soft washcloth can be great for some skin types. Just be careful to gauge how your skin reacts before adding this once or twice a week step into your routine.
This product can also be used on the elbows, feet, or knees. It is a multi-purpose exfoliant that works almost anywhere!
If you have Rosacea:
We have received a lot of feedback from people with rosacea who are having a great deal of success with Paula's Choice BHA products. The reason for this may be due to BHA's relation to aspirin. Aspirin and BHA are both salicylates. Salicylates have anti-inflammatory properties. At the same time that BHA exfoliates the skin (removing the flaky skin problem associated with rosacea) it also calms down the redness!
- Paula's Choice is known that they only use ingredients that are 100% safe and proven to be effective. Where possible, Paula's Choice choose ingredients from sustainable sources. Paula's Choice products treat all skin problems successfully, pimples to wrinkles, rosacea, sensitive skin, sun damage, dry or oily skin and blackheads. They are 100% guaranteed to be effective for your skin type and skin problems.
- Through a unique combination of research, product reviews and continuous product development, women all over the world fo for Paula's Choice because the objective, informed and documented information about what is and is not good for your skin.
- Paula's Choice rejects animal testing for cosmetics. Paula has over the 30 years that she writes about the beauty industry has always spoken strongly against testing cosmetics on animals. Paula's Choice has never done testing and will never do.
- Paula's Choice Skin Care products do not contain fragrances and dyes
Aqua, Cetyl Alcohol (emollient/thickener), Butylene Glycol (water-binding agent), PPG-14 Butyl Ether (thickener), Salicylic Acid (Beta Hydroxy Acid, exfoliant), Allantoin (anti-irritant), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritant), Alteromonas Ferment Extract (water-binding agent), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Dimethiconol (silicone slip agent), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (emollient/skin-repairing ingredient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (antioxidant), PEG-40 Stearate (thickener), Sorbitan Stearate (thickener), PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate (skin-conditioning agent), Polyacrylate-13 (film-forming agent), Polyisobutene (thickener), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Benzoic Acid (preservative), Dehydroacetic Acid (preservative), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).
Skin Perfecting 1% BHA Lotion
- 100 ml
Your opinion counts! Leave a review telling us, and others, what you think of this product.
You have to be logged in, in order to share your rating and review.