The key-ingredients in the Coltrane Clay from Triumph & Disaster are:
- Kaolin/China Clay: Is soft white clay named after the hill in China (Kao-ling) where it was first mined. Used for centuries to make Chinese porcelain when kaolin is mixed with water it can be molded under pressure, the shape is retained after the pressure is removed making it a fantastic base for styling clay – thanks Coltrane.
- Beeswax: Made by our humble little friends to raise and nourish their young, the benefits to our hair are plentiful. Visually it adds texture and volume making it appear stronger and thicker which means it is easier to mould and style. Beeswax assists in preventing split ends whilst delivering shine and natural protection from the elements – it’s like the best older brother you ever had. Beeswax has your back.
- Pracaxi Oil: Found in the deepest darkest Amazon Pracaxi oil is obtained by a natural (Chemical Free) cold press process that draws the oil from the seeds and flesh.
The secrets of the Pracaxi seed have been widely known in the Amazon for generations where it has been used on anything from acne and burns to body and hair oil. In Coltrane it is an awesome conditioning agent and works in combination with the waxes and clays to leave hair feeling smooth and soft.
- Brazil Wax: Back in the day grandpa might have cleaned his tobacco pipe with it, maybe he used it to coat the hull of his boat enhancing the speed and handling through water, it is still used today in many brands of surf wax for much the same properties. In Coltrane it helps create the hold and waterproofing to give your look longevity.
- Fragrance American Tobacco: We added this because we don’t think smelling like a fruit jube is right for a grown mans hair, but old school loose leaf smoking tobacco, well that’s ok with us. All natural this is a bespoke one of a kind T&D fragrance made by our genius fragrance guy – Phil.
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Kaolin (Clay), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Vegetable Petrolatum, Coco-Caprylate, Stearyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Polyester 5, PEG 29 Castor Oil, Pongamia Pinnata Seed Oil, Pentaclethra Macroloba (Pracaxi) Seed Oil, Polysorbate 60 (Caster Derived), Natural Fragrance, CI 77499 (Black Oxide), †Linalool, †Eugenol, †Citronellol, †d-Limonene. †Component of Natural Fragrance.